- Practice in the pool without the monofin or your merman tail at first. Get used to the motion of the dolphin kick with your legs together to propel you through the water.
- Once you feel comfortable with the motion of the dolphin kick, put on just the monofin and practice swimming. You will notice how much easier doing the dolphin kick is with it!
- Once you are comfortable swimming in the monofin, pull your merman tail skin over the monofin and practice swimming in the entire tail while still in the shallow end.
- Learn and practice the Quick-Release Method. Watch the video for further information.
- Be aware that you will be the center of attention and others are going to want to try it! To ensure their safety and enjoyment, please share these important instructions with anyone else you allow to use your monofin and merman tail.
The lifelong dream of being a Merman can now become a reality. TIUN has an entire range of Merman programs including our popular Merfolk and Mermaid Instructor. Learning to swim in a Merman tail is both a enjoyable way to show your creative side and a healthy way to work out. Contrary to what you might have heard, becoming a Merman is not limited to children. TIUN teaches Mermaids and Mermen of all ages, shapes and sizes. Best of all, our experience teaching Swimming and Freediving guarantees your comfort, confidence and having fun underwater! Of course, you can also become an TIUN Merman Instructor.
Siren Course The TIUN Try Merman program is your introduction to the world of mermaids and mermen and to swimming with an merman monofin. This entry-level program gives you the opportunity to experience the underwater world in a confined water setting. You will earn the TIUN Siren recognition rating.
Minimum Age: 6 Certific…